Marble Tumbler

 


One of the other new I've tried lately is using Marble Ink to create some AMAZING designs. You can combine several methods to get some amazing cups including glitter and vinyl.  I have a hard time covering up the marbling that is on the cups to do more.


To start this project I picked up a big 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot for the water.  Fill it about half full with water.  Get your colors together that you want to marble with.  There is a very short time you can throw the ink in the water before in congeals.  I randomly dump ink in the bucket and layer the colors always ending with the first color.  You will also need to have some tool to pull the the ink to the sides.   When you go in to dip you want to twist the cup as you dunk it.  When done you'll need to skim the left over ink to the side.  I usually grab a random piece of cardboard.  You will want to be careful as the marble ink will stain.





I started with the glitter cups and then marbled them like I did the other ones and they turned out amazing.  They look like they are galaxy esc.  



If for whatever reason you don't like the colors you can always dip again.  Before you try to epoxy it.  You will need to modpodge it 3 times so the epoxy will stick to the tumbler.  I love how they turn out and I want to buy all the colors to mix and match and have so many different colored tumblers.

  

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous and I love how the same colors can look so different based on how they are combined.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combining Fabric and Paper Tumblers

Paper Tumblers

Glow in the Dark Can Cozy