Book Organization

I've told you how I made my book shelves now lets talk about organization.  Like I said in the last post I am a librarian.  I have a book scanner to scan my books into a catalog to track my books.  The catalog is organized so that I don't accidentally buy two copies of the same book.  Let's just say I am a bit obsessed with my books.  There is no way my books are organized by color or size.  Ok mine are sorta by size but for a reason. One of the problems I was running into was when I would go to put away the new books it would take time to figure out where the new ones would go.  Books would get shelved out of order because there was just one small book with that authors in Q and I missed it. I looked at different options.  I saw something that clicked in my brain to make tabs for each letter/number to separate my books.  

I picked up letters and numbers similar to these and jumbo wood tabs like this.  I painted the jumbo tabs with black craft paint.  I wanted them to be black so the numbers and letters would pop.  I just picked random colors from my craft paint for the letters and numbers.  Once they had dried I took the hot glue gun and glued numbers/letters onto the tabs.  I did one on each side so no matter which side you're on you can see what area you're looking at.

Yes I organize my books in Dewey order.  It's weird but it makes me happy.





















I love how these turned out.  It makes it easier for me to shelve new books.  I have a new book and the author is MacLean it goes right there.  You could even do this with your DVDs and CDs if you have them out on a shelf.  It was a fast and easy craft to try out and it saves me so much time.  Check it out and let me know what you thing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Tumblers

Combining Fabric and Paper Tumblers

Glow in the Dark Can Cozy