New epoxy mixing

 




I've been experimenting with combining different colors and glitter with my molds to see what I can get out of it.  They've turned out really well for the most part.  This dragon in particular turned out amazing.  I took a little gold glitter and sprinkled it in the mold followed by a burgundy mica and then finally a gray.  Since I only used a little and mixed it up it was able to give the dragon some depth and really enhances the dragon.  

Next up was playing around with epoxy boxes.

I had purchased from The Glitter Guy the Hallows Pack.  I've used them a couple of times in tumblers and wanted to see how and if they would work in the box molds.  I had a general idea of what colors I wanted for the people who they're for.  










Even though they are similar in design they turned out vastly different.  I didn't use as much glitter in this one but more of the HP themed cuts.  


When you look inside the box you can see the glitter cuts even better.  
This one ended up looking cloudy.  I really like how it turned out.  I combined some purple mica, glitter, and then I took some clear epoxy and layered the three different cups to get this cloudy design.  I've said it before you'll never get the same exact look again but I am hoping I can do this again as I want it for me.

This dragon I started with white mica and layered on red mica on top of it.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out but with the dragon mold being so small it turned out really cool.  The red ends up bleeding through to the front and giving the dragon some depth.

Let me know what you think of what I've done.



Comments

  1. These are beautiful and I still want the dragon though you sent it off. The one you made me is stunning. I love the variety of colors and glitter and how you manipulate them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Combining Fabric and Paper Tumblers

Paper Tumblers

Glow in the Dark Can Cozy