Life

 Life has been so busy lately.  We adopted a new kitten August 31st.  











About two months later we lost my old girl.  It was her time but it sucks.  The new kitten has helped to distract but he isn't her.  With that we also had my little one dealing with being without her big sister for the first time ever.  With this I hadn't been crafting at all.  Gaming yes but all my other interests went to the wayside.  One of the things that came out of our loss was finding out how much shelters and vets office need things.  One of the things I found they needed was new blankets for their kennels.  With how well they were for me and mine I wanted to give back.  


This started with a trip to Joann's where I hit the remnants rack for any fleece that was about the size we needed.  I probably got too many but I wanted to help as much as I could.  After washing them my partner in this my mom skip cut around the edge of the fleece.  We then single crocheted around the edge.  I just did single crochet around the second time as well.  My mom got a little bit more fancy.  When we were all done they got about a dozen new blankets.  I dropped them all off and got her paw print.  I'm working on something with that but I'm not quite ready for it.






This lead to other crafting.  I received an order for some tumblers they wanted for Christmas presents.  With the kitten I hadn't wanted to work with epoxy.  I already had that experience with my little girl needing a fur cut to get the epoxy out.  I had some fun designing and making the tumblers.  Found a new style to try again for my dad as he really liked how this one turned out.



Ironically my mom loved the pink and gold one.  This shocked me as she usually hates everything pink but she loved how it turned out.


I am particularly proud of the polyjuice potion one.  I couldn't find a cut file I liked that would fit the size of the cup and ended up designing this all on my own.  I then layered it on top of a potion bottle to get this affect.  I love how each of these turned out.  They're all unique and different and I hope the people they're for will love them.




This lead to other people wanting things like my epoxy boxes.  I've gotten a couple done like this one.  Now I am working on some square boxes that are turning out awesome.  

I've done a couple tea lights for gifts.  They turned out way better than I had hoped.









Along with the boxes there are more dragons and something new.  I purchased a mold for notebook covers and have been experimenting with that.  My next post will cover the final product plus showing you the mixing of different mica to create new and unique colored figures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Combining Fabric and Paper Tumblers

Paper Tumblers

Glow in the Dark Can Cozy