No matter what it's different

I have had to learn not to plan for any outcome with my tumblers. I have now made 6 different Green Bay Packer cups and they've all had differences.  Some of it was planned differences and some were not. 
Each of these cups I used the same acrylic paint to epoxy ratio.  Even the same glitter.  What I can't control is how to epoxy will move the glitter and paint around.  The only control I have is the color of the paint, glitter, and what vinyl will go on it.


One of the things I like to do is take a video of what the tumbler looks like when it is first started and then when it's done.  It amazes me every time the cups are done the difference between the starting colors and the conclusion.  
If you are opting to sell the cups either have the actually cups up or let the people know they're picking the colors and not necessarily the pattern.  There are no guarantees.  You can always send the buyer a picture of the cup and make sure they like it.














I recently had this come up with a purchase.  I had shown the buyer a tumbler I made for me and she loved it and she wanted a copy of it for herself.  Normally I would have just opted to give that one to her but it was an experimental cup that I have used for years.
Here's mine:
Here's hers:





I asked her if she was okay with the color being 100% different and she loved it so yay. The process for the two cups were the exact same.  Same glitter and Alcohol but the epoxy moved it around to being completely different. 



The only way I could even get the tumblers somewhat alike was with these glitter beach themed cups.  For these I applied the epoxy to the cups and then poured the glitter directly onto the cups.  It is a really good method of adding glitter to projects.  The differences in the cups comes from me and pouring the glitter on.






No matter how they start the tumblers end up the way they end up.  They usually always end up looking amazing.  If they don't or you don't like how it comes out you can always start over.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Tumblers

Combining Fabric and Paper Tumblers

Pros and Cons of Fabric Tumblers